Sellers - How to Prepare for Showing Your Home
The effort put into repairing and cleaning your property is likely to be returned in a fast sale at an attractive price. As buyers approach your property the first time, impressions are formed quickly. Here are some tips on how to make your house sell better and show more attractively:
- Paint house - this can do more for sales appeal than any other factor.
- Yard - Remove all toys, garbage, garden tools and other items from view.
- Mow lawn and keep edged.
- Close garage doors.
- Put colorful flowers in front of house.
- Often, while waiting to be let in, the first thing a buyer looks at closely is the front door.
- Put new paint on the front door.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Buyers take a close look at the basement of a home. They will look for bad wiring, leaky pipes and signs of decay.
- Clean out basement and dispose of everything you are not going to move.
- Ensure that there is plenty of lighting.
- Sweep or vacuum floor.
- Stack items neatly against walls.
- The kitchen is often the most important room in the house. Make it bright and attractive.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the table.
- Replace curtains or clean existing ones.
- Remove appliances from counters.
- Create a pleasant fragrance in the kitchen (i.e. vanilla, cinnamon).
- It is important that bathrooms are clean, bright and smell fresh.
- Install a new shower curtain and replace worn throw rugs.
- Polish all fixtures.
- Open windows.
- Hang bright, fresh towels.
- Remove stains from toilets and bathtubs.
- Use air freshener.
- Display colorful soaps.
The Living Room
- Clean out the fireplace and place logs in it.
- Polish all woodwork.
- Put big furniture in storage so rooms are not cluttered or crowded.
The information contained herein has been compiled from sources deemed to be reliable and while not guaranteed is believed to be factual and accurate. It is not intended to recommend or discredit any company or person, and is furnished solely for information. Jasmine Bharucha, her associates, employees, contractors, and other persons and corporations contributing in any way to the preparation of this website do not endorse or recommend any product, service, person or company mentioned herein, and do not suggest or imply that such product, service, person or company mentioned herein is superior to any other product, service, person or company.